Do you EVEN Gua Sha??
One of my favourite skincare tips of late. Just a few minutes of Gua Sha action every day can have a major improvement on the skin’s tone, tautness and clarity. Like anything, consistency is key but this really is worth a few minutes in an evening and you will see a difference.
What is a Gua Sha?
Gua Sha is a traditional East Asian and Chinese technique used to improve circulation and remove stagnant toxin build-up. It is used gently on the skin of the face, and quite aggressively on the skin of the body. Gua means scrape and Sha means sand, and this practice has been used for thousands of years. The tools used in Gua Sha practices range from a Chinese soup spoon, to an animal bone and horn, to rose quartz gemstones.
What does Gua Sha do?
For context, Gua Sha pre-dates acupuncture and the stroke pattern used is said to awaken meridian lines to activate the body’s natural healing abilities. For the skin, Gua Sha encourages strong cells. It sculpts and tones the face shape, allowing inflammation to drain and muscles to become free of tension — allowing them to do their supportive jobs properly. It also helps the skin to become more radiant as circulation is increased, sending nutrients to areas that may have been starved because of blockage and improve collagen stimulation.
What are the benefits of Gua Sha massage?
- Carries nutrient-rich and oxygenated blood (food for the cells) to the skin and tissues.
- Drains lymph fluid (which is often filled with toxins and waste) out of the cells.
- Softens wrinkles.
- Lifts and tightens the skin.
- Helps to eliminate dark circles and under eye bags.
- Brightens the complexion and helps to reduce pigmentation.
- Greatly speeds the healing time of breakouts and pimples, helping these skin issues overall.
- Can relieve rosacea.
- Aids in product penetration.
Towel not included but available separately.